Fines and fees associated with materials check-out
Damaged or Lost Items
- Patrons will be charged the price of the item(s) listed in the library database.
- If there is no price listed in the library database, the charges will be determined by a book vendor site.
- Late charges will still be assessed until the item is paid in full.
- A receipt will be issued at time of payment.
- Replacement of lost or damaged item is accepted if it is in new condition and the ISBN must match the original item.
- If a lost book that has been paid for is later found, the price of the book can be refunded within 90 days.
- A receipt is needed for a refund or refer to patron record.
- Any fines incurred will be deducted from the refund amount up to the maximum of $5.00.
- Library privileges will be suspended if a patron owes more than $10.00 in fees.
- A patron can only claim they returned books (claims-returned) three times before a lost item charge is added to their account.
- MPL Homeschool family accounts are not to exceed $10.00 in fines per card, as long as all items are returned. Please visit our circulation desk for additional details.
- Patrons will be informed of overdue items through their mailing address of record around 90 days; the city has the right to prosecute patrons, to the full extent of the law, to reclaim materials and/or fines and fees.
- If returned late, all items except DVDs, Video Games, and Mobile Hotspots, will incur a $0.10 per day charge, not to exceed $5.00 per item.
- If returned late, DVDs will incur a $0.50 a day charge, not to exceed $10.00 per item.
- If returned late, Video Games will incur a $2.00 a day charge, not to exceed $10.00 per game.
- If returned late, Mobile Hotspots will incur $1.00 a day charge, not to exceed $60.00 per Mobile Hotspot.
- Shut down of Mobile Hotspot internet access will occur three days after due date.
Loan period of check-out items
- All items are checked out for a 14 day period.
- There is no limit to the number of books that may be checked out.
- 10 DVDs per card during loan period.
- 2 Video Games per card during loan period.
- 5 Seed packets per card may be checked out during each visit.
- 1 Mobile Hotspots per card during loan period.
Renewal of check-out items
- Books may be renewed twice, each time for a two week period, if no other patron is waiting for the material.
- Book renewals may be completed in person, over the phone and on the PCLC website.
- DVD’s and Video Games may be renewed by visiting our circulation desk, if no other patron is waiting for the material. Item must be with you in order to complete the renewal process.
- Mobile Hotspots are not renewable.
Holds (requests/reserve materials)
- Holds may be requested online through the PCLC catalog or by contacting the circulation desk.
- Holds are to be picked up within 7 business days of their arrival and automated notification.
- Holds not picked up will be returned to their owning library on the 8th business day.
Items within the Polk County Library Cooperative:
- Reference items may not be reserved or requested.
- All other materials can be reserved or requested from any library within the Polk County Library Cooperative.
- Mulberry Public Library owned Video Games are not available for Books by Mail. They must be checked out at a Polk County Library circulation desk.
- Nintendo Switch games owned by the Mulberry Public Library may only be checked out at the circulation desk within the Mulberry Public Library.
- Mobile Hotspots owned by the Mulberry Public Library may only be checked out at the circulation desk within the Mulberry Public Library.
- Borrowed materials can be returned to any library or library drop box within the Polk County Library Cooperative.
- Mulberry Public Library owned Mobile Hotspots and Nintendo Switch games must be returned to the Mulberry Public Library circulation desk.