Fines and fees associated with materials check-out
Damaged or Lost Items
- Patrons will be charged the price of the item(s) listed in the library database.
- If there is no price listed in the library database, the charges will be determined by a book vendor site.
- Late charges will still be assessed until the item is paid in full.
- A receipt will be issued at time of payment.
- Replacement of lost or damaged item is accepted if it is in new condition and the ISBN must match the original item.
- If a lost book that has been paid for is later found, the price of the book can be refunded within 90 days.
- A receipt is needed for a refund or refer to patron record.
- Mulberry Public Library owned books, DVD’s, CD’s and video games are fine free. Please contact other libraries within the cooperative to verify their overdue items policy. Fine free does not extend to items currently in lost status.
- Library privileges will be suspended if a patron owes more than $10.00 in fees.
- A patron can only claim they returned books (claims-returned) three times before a lost item charge is added to their account.
- Patrons will be informed of overdue items in lost status through their mailing address, email, or text message on record around 90 days.
- If an item is in lost status, patron will be charged the replacement cost of each lost item.
- Lost Mobile Hotspots will incur a $90.00 replacement fee.
- Shut down of Mobile Hotspot internet access will occur three days after due date.
Loan period of check-out items
- All items are checked out for a 14 day period.
- There is no limit to the number of books that may be checked out.
- 10 DVDs per card during loan period.
- 2 Video Games per card during loan period.
- 5 Seed packets per card may be checked out during each visit.
- 1 Mobile Hotspots per card during loan period.
Renewal of check-out items
- Books may be renewed twice, each time for a two week period, if no other patron is waiting for the material.
- Book renewals may be completed in person, over the phone and on the PCLC website.
- DVD’s and Video Games may be renewed by visiting our circulation desk, if no other patron is waiting for the material. Item must be with you in order to complete the renewal process.
- Mobile Hotspots are not renewable.
Holds (requests/reserve materials)
- Holds may be requested online through the PCLC catalog or by contacting the circulation desk.
- Holds are to be picked up within 7 business days of their arrival and automated notification.
- Holds not picked up will be returned to their owning library on the 8th business day.
Items within the Polk County Library Cooperative:
- Reference items may not be reserved or requested.
- All other materials can be reserved or requested from any library within the Polk County Library Cooperative.
- Mulberry Public Library owned Video Games are not available for Books by Mail. They must be checked out at a Polk County Library circulation desk.
- Nintendo Switch games owned by the Mulberry Public Library may only be checked out at the circulation desk within the Mulberry Public Library.
- Mobile Hotspots owned by the Mulberry Public Library may only be checked out at the circulation desk within the Mulberry Public Library.
- Borrowed materials can be returned to any library or library drop box within the Polk County Library Cooperative.
- Mulberry Public Library owned Mobile Hotspots and Nintendo Switch games must be returned to the Mulberry Public Library circulation desk.