All patrons inside of Polk County, FL may receive a free library card in accordance with the Polk County Library Cooperative (PCLC) guidelines.
- Library cards may be issued beginning when applicant is in 1st grade and able to write their own name without assistance.
- Proof of residency is required to obtain a library card. See below for additional information.
- Online applications are temporary. See below for additional information.
Proof of Residency
- Valid Driver’s License or state issued photo ID with current address
- Current utility bill
- Current lease or official rental receipt
- Voter Registration card
- Vehicle Registration
- Items used for identification must have applicants name, photo, and current address.
Temporary Library Card
- TEMPORARY LIBRARY CARD VIA ONLINE APPLICATION
- Online library card registration is available for Polk County residents.
- Identification and verification of Polk County residency will be required during in person card pickup.
- Temporary cards are valid for 30 days.
- Physical cards may be picked up at any PCLC library branch.
Non-Residents of Polk County
- Annual fee of $50.00 (per family) for access to Polk County Library Cooperative’s materials. Paid by cash, check, or money order.
- Patrons of Plant City’s Burton Memorial Library may use their library cards at the Mulberry Public Library under current reciprocal borrowing agreements made with this library. Residents must have in their possession a library card from their respective library. Materials borrowed must be returned to the Mulberry Public Library, not any other Polk County library.