All patrons inside of Polk County, FL may receive a free library card in accordance with the Polk County Library Cooperative (PCLC) guidelines.
- Library cards may be issued beginning when applicant is in 1st grade and able to write their own name without assistance.
- Proof of residency is required to obtain a library card. See below for additional information.
- Online applications are temporary. See below for additional information.
Proof of Residency
- Valid Driver’s License or state issued photo ID with current address
- Current utility bill
- Current lease or official rental receipt
- Voter Registration card
- Vehicle Registration
- Items used for identification must have applicants name, photo, and current address.
Temporary Library Card
- TEMPORARY LIBRARY CARD VIA ONLINE APPLICATION
- Online library card registration is available for Polk County residents.
- Identification and verification of Polk County residency will be required during in person card pickup.
- Temporary cards are valid for 30 days.
- Physical cards may be picked up at any PCLC library branch.