** Thank you for your interest in COHS. At this time, the state has not issued additional funding for scholarships. Please check back for scholarship and funding updates.**
Did you know that high school graduates earn more money? It’s never too late to earn your high school diploma. You can do it online, for free, through your Public Library!
The Mulberry Public Library currently offers scholarships to qualified applicants in our community!
Visit https://fl.careeronlinehs.org/ today and take the ‘Are You Ready’ survey! It’s never too late to graduate!
What is COHS?
- Career Online High School
- COHS is offered through a partnership with various libraries. This online private high school diploma and career certification program offers FLEXIBILITY, SUPPORT, & TRANSFER CREDITS.
- Upon completion, you receive an ACCREDITED DIPLOMA, CAREER PORTFOLIO, & JOB SKILLS!
- COHS is made possible through funding by the State of Florida and a partnership with Smart Horizons Career Online High School.
- COHS students each have a dedicated Academic Coach who will be there to support them from start to finish.
How do I know if I qualify?
- Must be a resident age 19 years or older who does not already have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a current library card in good standing. Contact us to verify if your account is active, or stop in & sign up for a library card today!
How can I apply?
- Visit https://fl.careeronlinehs.org/are-you-ready-survey/ and complete the ‘Are You Ready Survey’. Upon completion of this survey, we can determine if you are eligible for COHS.
- If eligible, you will then take the Prerequisite course in the career path of your choosing. This course must be completed within 2 weeks.
- Once the prerequisite course is completed, we will contact you to schedule an interview to discuss the scholarship opportunity and your potential enrollment of the full COHS program.
What required courses will I need to take for graduation?
- Language Arts (4 credits)
- Social Studies (4 credits)
- Mathematics (3 credits)
- Science (3 credits)
- Career Path (4 credits)
- Total credits = 18
*Required course list necessary for graduation may decrease if you qualify for transfer credits.
What career paths does COHS offer?
- General Career Preparation
- Office Management
- Child Care and Education (CDA)*
- Home Care Professional
- Security Professional
- Food and Hospitality (CPFM)*
- Commercial Driving (CDL)*
- Hospitality and Leisure
- Retail Customer Service
- Introduction to Manufacturing
*Prepares students to obtain the industry credential.
How long will this take?
- On average, graduates complete the courses within 12 months, but you will have up to 18 months to finish.
- If you qualify for transfer credits your completion time may be even less.
Will I receive a GED?
- Graduates earn a private high school diploma and a career certificate through an accredited private high school instead of a GED.
What is in the career portfolio?
- Through your classes, you will create a career portfolio that will include important documents, such as your resume and cover letter, as well as prepare you with the tools you will need for future job searches.
Where will I need to take classes?
- All courses are 100% online. You can work on them at home, in the library, or wherever you are comfortable.
- Courses can be accessed on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet, or iPad.
How expensive are the textbooks?
- There are NO textbooks! It is all online.
Will colleges and universities accept my COHS degree?
- Yes. COHS is an accredited degree which is recognized across the nation.
- Admissions requirements vary by individual college. If you wish to pursue a post-secondary education you should check with your state, or college of interest to understand the requirements.
What if I need help with the admissions process following graduation?
- COHS is still committed to your success. Alumni who have questions about their transcripts or meeting college admissions requirements can call 1-866-999-7853 or email [email protected] for support.
Is COHS staff credentialed?
- Yes, all of our dedicated instructors and academic coaches are state certified.
When can I reach my academic coach?
- Academic Coaches keep regular office hours from 9:00am-5:00pm CT, as well as evening hours at least one day a week.